I have realized that I’ve had this blog since May, and only produced five posts. Two of which were re-posts… sad.
I didn’t start with any direction or vision for my blog – another irresponsible act – but instead started just so I could have something creative in my life. And of course, without a purpose to my writing, my creative muscles have atrophied. I need a blogging booster-shot!
So, I challenge myself to 100 days of blogging!
100 posts in 100 days. Starting now.
And because creativity works best when there are some constraints…
- I must post something every day for the next 100 days.
- At least 75% of my posts must be my own original content. Which means those tempting, “lazy,” reposts can only happen once a week.
- The challenge will run from July 20th through October 28th… coincidentally the day before my 31st birthday. (More on that significance later.)
- Define a vision and theme for my content. What am I really trying to say, here?
- Structure my long-term posting schedule. How many days a week… Do I have a theme per day…?
- Learn some new blogging skills… customizing my page; mastering some graphic design principles…things beyond the act of writing.
- I wish I could say “find my writing voice,” but that seems like it’s always going to be a work in progress. What about… improve my writing voice? Too vague? I really have no where to go but up in that department. How about so long as my voice is true to myself, we’ll call it good? I guarantee I will experiment along the way, but if by the end of these few months I can read my posts and see myself in them, I’ll be happy.
So there we have it. Gauntlet thrown. Adventure awaits!